Fishing is an important industry in Denmark. There are about 2,700 fishing vessels, crewed by approximately 1,900. There are about 8,000 people employed in the fishing industry as a whole.
The total annual catch value is approximately DKK 3.0 billion (€ 0.4 billion). The value of exported fishery products (incl. products based on imported raw material) is DKK 20.5 billion (€ 2.7 billion).
The information on these pages is focused on the Danish fishing trade and fishermen. The major topics are:
- Regulation of fishing activities. Including updated information on species regulations.
- Inspection. Including descriptions of the differing kinds of inspection elements and procedures depending on the method of fishing.
- Requirements. There are certain demands on the fishing vessel, the fishermen and to the first buyer of the fish.
- Committee for Commercial Fisheries. The committee with representatives from the fishing trade and industry gives advice on regulation, inspection and other relevant issues.
Read the guidelines when applying for authorisation for first sale of fish, and find applications below:
- Guidelines to follow when applying for authorisation for first sale of fish
- Find application for authorisation for first sale of fish
- Declaration in conjunction with application for authorisation for first sale of fish
- Find application form for approval of manager
- Find application for authorisation to hold a public electronic fish auction